- Data collection of inmates in COVID-19 quarantine and isolation areas according to SCDC protocols and refer them to the Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Will obtain vital signs from inmates (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, oxygen saturation, respiratory rate)
- Will be responsible to legibly document inmate's results using COVID - 19 symptom cards/reports
- Will be required to work in close contact with the inmate population with security escort.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Filling multiple positions at different quarentined insitituions across the state of SC. Applicants who are interested will be placed at the closest insitution in need.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings
with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A high school diploma and experience or training within the specific work area.
SCDC minimum requirements:
High School Diploma or GED
State of South Carolina certified Paramedic from an Emergency Medical Technology (EMT) program recognized by SC DHEC and Nartion Registry of EMTs.
Must meet South Carolina state Intermediary EMT and Paramedic guidelines
BLS & ACLS certified.
Have a valid South Carolina drivers license.
You must attach copies of all certifications to your application to be considered a candidate fopr this position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website