- Provides psychiatric medical services to assigned inmates.
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations and diagnosis of inmates referred for evaluation and treatment.
- Orders and interprets laboratory and other medical diagnostic procedures.
- Prescribes medication, monitors patient's response, provides compensating intervention as necessary and monitors medications for side effects and suitability.
- Prepares treatment plans and recommendations, works with staff to effect behavioral changes, remission of illness, and/or behavioral stabilization.
- Conducts staff training and development and assists in the formulation and design of treatment techniques, interventions and programs.
- Prepares documents to effect voluntary, emergency or involuntary transfer or placement of an inmate in need of psychiatric hospitalization to appropriate mental health facilities.
- Maintains medical records, treatment notes and clinical records as required.
- Assists in medical/psychiatric crisis management of violent, suicidal and disturbed inmates, etc.
(803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division Of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Three (3) years residency in Psychiatry. Must be licensed to practice medicine in the state of South Carolina, Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry, or eligible for and/or in the process of receiving certification.
Filling multiple positions.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website