Under general supervision from the Food Service Administrator,
- Develops implements and evaluates food quality and nutrition standards of care for nutrition services within the South Carolina Department of Corrections.
- Oversees the planning development of menu and recipes to ensure quality, appearance, caloric intake within the guidelines and dietary requirements are achieved.
- Provide support to identified locations on an ad hoc basis under the guidance of the Food Service Administrator.
- Assists with the cafeteria inspections and operational evaluations, to ensure compliance in all areas.
- Responds to inquiries from inmates, staff and/or the public pertaining to related area.
- Manages the nutritional staff to enhance meal quality and appearance.
- Maximizes relationship with South Carolina Department of Corrections, Agricultural Services to incorporate and enhance food quality while achieving nutritional targets.
- Provide instructional guidance to institutional staff and food service inmate workers on the proper preparation and presentation of food items with an emphasis on quality and appearance.
- Concentrate efforts to ensure maximum flavor within daily requirements.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Employment@doc.sc.gov Minimum and Additional Requirements State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A bachelor's degree and experience in clinical, public health, A master's degree in public health, nutrition, or dietetics may be substituted for the experience.
(or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources)
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics, nutrition education, or food and nutrition
- Experience in clinical, public health, or institutional setting;
- A Bachelor's degree in any field
- Registered by the American Dietetics Association
- Experience in a clinical, public health or institutional setting.
- A Master's degree in public health, nutrition, or dietetics.
- Must have the ability to climb stairs, ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods in extreme conditions.
- Must work effectively in a transparent, team-oriented environment and prepare reports/written correspondence with accurate, technical verbiage.
- Extensive in-state daily travel using state provided vehicle and occasional overnight required.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website