Responsible to the Nurse Manager for nursing care provided in a designated correctional clinic or specialized area in compliance with medical plans, policies, and orders for patient care and treatment.
- Administer and document medication as ordered by the physician in the correctional setting.
- Conduct health screenings during sick call using approved standing orders or making appropriate MD referrals.
- Document all health care rendered on medical records..
- Assist in planning and coordination of nursing services required to meet the total health care needs of the patient.
- Transcribe all MD orders from medical records.
- Transfer medical records with appropriate documentation and medication at time of inmate transfer.
- Perform clinical treatments & procedures using universal precautions in all areas of practice.
- Maintain 40 hours of in-service education per year, including mandatory in-services and CPR certification.
- Provide emergency treatment to inmates and employees.
- Participate in employee health issues as directed, i.e., TB screening, Hepatitis B injections, flu injections, and post exposure assessment.
- Participate in chronic disease clinics.
- Collaborate with other correctional professionals to assure social, psychological and security needs of inmates are met.
Filling multiple positions from this posting.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
(803) 896-8532 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
Must hold an active license as a Registered Nurse.
You must attach a copy of your license with your application to be considered as a candidate for this position.
$5.00 an hour on weekends
$1.75 an hour on nights
Limited Time Sign On Bonus!
For a limited time, SCDC is offering Registered Nurses a $10,000 sign on bonus, payable over Two years.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website