Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Requisition #: 27373 Manager - Case Management - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Manager of Case Management is accountable for overseeing all aspects of daily operations of the Case Management Department. Ensures standards of operations are in accordance with all state and federal healthcare regulatory guidelines. Works closely with Physician Advisors and Medical Directors assigned to the Facility(s). Attends the Utilization Management Committee. Under the direction of the Director of Case Management is responsible for employee coaching, training, hiring, counseling/discipline, performance assessment and payroll processes. Completes reports and analyzes data as assigned.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Assists Director of Case Management to implement strategic plans, unit/department goals and objectives, business initiatives, and to monitor financial plans and budgets. Complies with all policies/procedures, applicable laws and regulatory agency requirements, and organization work standards. Assumes responsibility for management decisions determined within the scope of this job description. Maintains records in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Demonstrates strategic and critical thinking; makes optimal use of resources; allocates and prioritizes work monitoring performance standards for continuous performance improvement.
- Assists to compile subject matter under the direction of the Director of Case Management for the Utilization Management Committee. Appropriately monitors and validates subject matter with the Director of Case Management prior to meeting. Ensures that avoidable and variance days are collected appropriately by case management staff. Verifies that the Directors of Case Management action plan is put in place, and goals are set, communicated, and met.
- Collaborates effectively with clinical and administrative leadership, physicians, nurses and a wide variety of other staff to ensure that service expectations and length of stay goals are met. Works with Director of Case Management to improve resource utilization, service delivery, work flow, etc. as necessary to meet established expectations. Ensures prompt and proper information exchanges and issue resolution. Appropriately informs Director of Case Management of issues needing immediate attention.
- Creates a safe work environment that fosters respect and positive morale. Effectively allocates and evaluates department work, and provides leadership and appropriate follow through to the Department. Effectively communicates with all staff. In cooperation with the Director of Case Management, interviews applicants and manages the hiring, firing, training, annual performance evaluations and competencies, and disciplinary process at assigned locations.
Minimum Education: Bachelors or Masters of Science in Nursing and/or Social Services preferred.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of leadership experience in Acute Care Case Management required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate. Knowledge of all Federal, State and Local regulatory standards. Professional demeanor with Healthcare team. Strong Organizational and Time Management skills with ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Demonstrated Leadership Skills. InterQual or MCG criteria knowledge preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse and/or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of California required. Certified Case Manager (CCM) or other Case Management/Nursing Certification preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Case Management, Utilization Review, U.R., CM, Case Manager, Social WorkPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Culver City - 3828 Delmas Terrace - Culver City, California 90232
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $137,300 Max: $188,775
Union Pay Info: (If Union Position - Please Click link to see Union Pay information)
Apply on company website