Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Requisition #: 27371 Surgical Technician - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Surgical Tech is responsible for assisting with direct patient care activities in the Operating Room. Prepares and stocks the Operating Room before and after surgery, gathers clean and sterile supplies, sets sterile instrument fields, maintains and monitors aseptic techniques. Assists with proper positioning of patient while maintaining the privacy and dignity of the patient.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Creates and maintains the sterile field, and initiates corrective action when breaks occur. Appropriately assisting with patient treatments, turning and positioning as needed. Ensures Operating Room environment is safe; maintains patient privacy, room temperature and humidity. Participates in and ensures time out and pre and post count processes are observed. Demonstrates awareness of potential discomfort or injury; recognizes critical deviations in patient condition and takes appropriate action including intervening in situations where basic life support systems are threatened. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPPA compliance.
- Effectively utilizes surgical preference cards, making and communicating changes as appropriate. Appropriately assembles/handles tray preparation and instruments, and anticipates the need for instruments, equipment and supplies, ensuring their timely availability. Ensures appropriate labeling, handling and transporting of specimens to the appropriate location and in the appropriate container. Under the supervision of a licensed care provider, mixes and labels irrigation solutions.
- Ensures proper functioning, care, and use of clinical equipment and supplies. Performs quality checks and troubleshooting, and understands relationships between various equipment and the age related needs. Performs high level disinfection/sterilization and ensures that infection control practices are strictly adhered to. Orients and trains others on the appropriate instrument/equipment use.
- Disposes of all waste, sharps and specimens appropriately. Demonstrates knowledge of environment of care and safety, including Operating Room emergencies.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Ensure patients privacy and dignity at all times.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited Surgical Tech Program required.
Minimum Experience: Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Understanding of basic medical terminology. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Computer literacy and proficiency. Six (6) months of previous of surgical tech experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. Certified Surgical Tech preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Operating Room, OR, O.R., Recovery, Surgery, Tech, Technician, Technologist, Surgical TechPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Address: Culver City - 3828 Delmas Terrace - Culver City, California 90232
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $ Max: $
Union Pay Info: https://www.pmh.com/schccunion-8hr (If Union Position - Please Click link to see Union Pay information)
Apply on company website