Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Requisition #: 27301 Mental Health Worker (MHW) - Per Diem, Variable (Van Nuys)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Mental Health Worker aids professional and technical nursing personnel primarily by accomplishing a variety of duties and procedures which are directly related to the care of behavioral impaired or emotionally disturbed patients. Primary duties include taking and recording vital signs, assisting patients with hygiene and elimination, ensuring the safety of the patient, and maintaining a clean and safe unit environment. Assists with stocking unit supplies, operating hospital equipment as directed, performing routine clerical tasks, and assisting with other related duties as assigned.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Accurately measures and records patient weights and vital signs. Recognizes and reports changes in the patient's condition, takes appropriate action and accurately documents all activities as required. Receives and accurately inventories and secures patient belongings as appropriate.
- Assists patient with hygiene, elimination, routine skin care, comfort measures and other Activities of Daily Living (ADL), in consideration of patient age, gender, culture and stated preferences, maintaining patient privacy and respect at all times. Listens and provides emotional support and encouragement for behavioral patients. Assumes responsibility for maintaining a clean and safe environment. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Assists with patient care activities as directed by licensed nurse, including specimen collection/transport, turning & positioning, and patient transportation.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Demonstrated prior patient care experience, in-service training or formal training. Understanding of basic medical terminology. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: AHA Basic Life Support required. De-escalation certification upon hire; Upon recertification, SAMA Certification required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. SAMA Certification upon hire preferred. Certification as a Nurse Assistant (CNA) in the state of CA preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Ancillary. Mental Health Worker, MHW, Psychiatric Technicians, Psych Tech, Mental Health Services, Specialist, Mental Illness, Support WorkerPosition Summary
Employment Status: Per Diem
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Van Nuys - 14433 Emelita Street - Van Nuys, California 91401
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $ Max: $
Union Pay Info: https://www.pmh.com/schvnunion/ (If Union Position - Please Click link to see Union Pay information)
Apply on company website