Patient Service Partner (PSW) - VNT
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Patient Services Partner (PSP) is responsible for the provision of patient care to a specific group of patients under the supervision of Regulated Health Care Professionals (RHP) and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Southlake Regional Health Centre (SRHC). PSPs are primarily required to perform tasks for patients that are focused on activities of daily living (ADL) including mobility and feeding.
Skills & Abilities
• Empty, measure, and report ostomy and Foley catheter drainage and dispose of contents
• Perform urine and stool specimen collection and labeling of these specimens
• Perform various patient care duties and related social activities necessary in meeting patient's personal needs and comfort and documenting as required
• Provide physical assistance to patients as required by assisting with lifts and transfers, as directed by a RHP
• Assist with ambulation, toileting, bathing and personal hygiene functions under the direction of RHP
• Assist with tray set-up and feeding of patients as directed by a RHP; opening packages, making patient comfortable, feeding when necessary and documenting food consumption
• Monitor at risk patients by direct observation in or outside the patient room
• Document patient care activities in the Health Care Record
• Demonstrates understanding of infection prevention and control practices
• Demonstrates conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated problem assessment skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Demonstrated individual leadership skills
• High school diploma required
• Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker/Developmental Service Worker program through a National Association of Community Career Colleges approved program (community college/accredited college program) OR successful completion of a minimum of the 1st year of a Nursing program required
• Recent patient care experience preferred
• Recent acute care experience preferred
• Able to work 12 hour shifts and nights and weekends
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Apply on company website