Registered Nurse (RN) - CSSU
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
• RN Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• 3- 5 years recent cardiac care nursing experience
• BCLS required
• Successful completion of recognized Coronary Care Level 1& 2 required
• Current experience working in an ambulatory day care setting, recovering and management of multiple patients in various stages of recovery within last 6 months
• Current experience in recovering patients receiving conscious sedation
• Current experience in managing pre & post op care of patient's undergoing Cardiac Catheterization, PCI, Pacemaker, ICD, EP procedures, Cardioversions and thrombin injections within last 6 months
• Ability to interpret ECG
• Current experience with femoral sheath removal and radial band removal within last 6 months
• Demonstrates individual leadership skills
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated problem assessment skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Demonstrated individual leadership skills
Health & Safety Workplace Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre (SRHC) employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace. Employees must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in Section 28 of the OH&S Act, as well as all SRHC OH&S policies and procedures. Must be able to perform all necessary bona fide duties for the position, as outlined in the position guide. Must review and be capable of performing duties the Job Demands Analysis for the position as a condition of offer. Proven ability to attend work regularly as per the Attendance Support Policy.
Accommodation & Diversity in the Workplace:
At SRHC, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are dedicated to building a work place that reflects the diversity of our community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities, visible minorities, aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization. SRHC is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free process and to provide accommodation as required.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Apply on company website