Registered Nurse (RN) - CSSU
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Registered Nurse (RN) role models clinical excellence and the core competencies of the practice standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), as well as the policies and procedures of Southlake Regional Health Centre (Southlake). The RN works collaboratively as a member of the health care team. The RN provides direct patient care to patients based on the three-factor framework as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario standard, RN and RPN Practice: The Client, Nurse and the Environment. These three factors have an impact on decision making related to care-provider assignment as well as the need for consultation and collaboration among care providers. All nurses make a commitment to lifelong learning.
The successful candidate will be motivated, self-directed and a key member of a dynamic interdisciplinary team with defined roles focused on quality patient care and patient flow. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide excellent care to a diverse acute medical patient population in a fast-paced setting.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Demonstrates excellent problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an interprofessional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
• Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff
• Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Southlake Regional Health Center
o Always with compassion
o Power of many
o Serve with purpose
o Every voice matters
o Courage to think differently
• RN Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• 3- 5 years recent cardiac care nursing experience preferred
• BCLS required
• CC1 to be successfully completed within 3 months of hire date
• CC2 to be successfully completed within 1 year of hire date
• Experience working in an ambulatory day care setting, recovering and management of multiple patients in various stages of recovery within the last 2 years
• Experience in recovering patients receiving conscious sedation within the last 2 years
• Experience in managing pre & post op care of patient's undergoing Cardiac Catheterization, PCI, Pacemaker, ICD, EP procedures, Cardioversions and thrombin injections, TEE recovery within the last 2 years
• Ability to interpret ECG
• Experience with femoral sheath removal and radial band removal within last 2 years
• Provides patient and family focused care within the RN scope of practice, based on the three factor framework of the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Functions in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, including emergency codes.
• Ensures that practice is consistent with entry to practice competencies, standards of practice, guidelines and legislation.
• Communicates effectively with patients, families and all members of the healthcare team.
• Practices collaboratively with members of the healthcare team to provide elements of care for patients/clients with complex health issues.
• Practices collaboratively with other members of the interprofessional health care team.
• Provides consultation and/or clinical support to peers as needed.
• Contributes to the assessment and documentation of each patient's health status on an ongoing basis.
• Assists in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care and evaluates its ongoing effectiveness.
• Assists in the orientation/preceptorship of new staff members and students to the clinical units.
• Acts as a role model and champion to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
• Takes a leadership role in the coordination of patient care in assigned area
• Assumes charge nurse role when assigned
• Assists in the orientation/preceptorship of new staff members and students
• Effectively utilizes human and material resources
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical pathways
• Provides consultation and/or clinical support to peers as needed
• Other duties as assigned by Manager/delegate
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Apply on company website