Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) - MSK
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) role models clinical excellence and the core competencies of the practice standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), as well as the policies and procedures of Southlake Regional Health Centre (Southlake). The RPN works collaboratively as a member of the health care team. The RPN provides direct patient care to patients based on the three-factor framework as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario standard, RN and RPN Practice: The Client, Nurse and the Environment. These three factors have an impact on decision making related to care-provider assignment as well as the need for consultation and collaboration among care providers. All nurses make a commitment to lifelong learning.
Skills & Abilities
• Recent experience working with surgical patients preferred
• Recent experience with the initiation and maintenance of IV therapy preferred
• Experience with complex wound care preferred
• Patient Assessment Course preferred
• Demonstrates knowledge of skin assessment, wound prevention & treatment
• Competence in accessing, maintaining and blood sampling from central venous access devices (CVADs)
• Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient/client needs
• Ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice as per the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated analytical and problem assessment skills
• Demonstrated commitment to patient and family centred care and teamwork
• Demonstrated individual leadership skills
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients and families as well as other members of the healthcare team within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Southlake Regional Health Centre.
• Always with compassion
• Power of many
• Serve with purpose
• Every voice matters
• RPN diploma from a recognized school of nursing
• RPN Certificate of Registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BLS certification required
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
• Provides patient and family focused care within the RPN scope of practice, based on the three factor framework of the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Functions in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, including emergency codes.
• Ensures that practice is consistent with entry to practice competencies, standards of practice, guidelines and legislation.
• Communicates effectively with patients, families and all members of the healthcare team.
• Practices collaboratively with Registered Nurses (RNs) to provide elements of care for patients/clients with complex health issues.
• Practices collaboratively with other members of the interprofessional health care team.
• Provides consultation and/or clinical support to peers as needed
• Contributes to the assessment and documentation of each patient's health status on an ongoing basis.
• Assists in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care and evaluates its ongoing effectiveness.
• Assists in the orientation/preceptorship of new staff members and students to the clinical units.
• Acts as a role model and champion to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager/delegate.
Apply on company website