Secretary Outpatient Mental Health
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Secretary is responsible and accountable for registration, reception, patient scheduling, word processing and clerical functions within the Mental Health Department, reporting to the Manager/Team Leader. He/she is responsible for using the hospitals computer systems to support and maintain the various department functions.
• Graduate from a College secretarial certificate program or equivalent
• Previous experience working with Mental Health patients and families an asset.
• Dicta typing at a minimum speed of 60 words per minute
• Computer skills - demonstrated skill in Word, Windows , Excel
• Ability to take minutes
• Ability to work efficiently and respectfully with patients, families and community agencies
• Experience with filing, scheduling appointments
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Medical terminology
• Computer experience - order entry - (STAR)
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated problem assessment skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Demonstrated individual leadership skills
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Apply on company website