The Facility Manager manages the parking operation through effective leadership, developing client relationships and superior customer service, human resource management and budget management. Additionally, the Facility Manager leads an effective operation by ensuring all employees perform their job functions to the SP+ standards of operational excellence. This includes:
- Delivering premier customer service to our clients.
- Hiring ideal frontline employees and providing them with the appropriate training and tools to succeed.
- Maximizing profitability through revenue development, facility marketing, cash control procedures and expense reviews.
If you're someone who thrives in an environment where you will be challenged with a broad range of simultaneous duties, this might just be the right opportunity for you!
Revenue Reporting and Budget Management
- Ensure that proper parking, security and cash control procedures are followed by all employees, and participate in audits as necessary.
- Prepare daily bank deposits and ensure all cash receipts are deposited daily into the facility's bank account. Monitor office audits and cashier reports to maintain vigilance over possible employee theft and/or inefficiencies.
- Manage the operation's budget and make recommendations to reach or exceed budget if unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Identify all procurement and vendor service needs of the location.
- Perform general accounting duties such as accounts payable, payroll and petty cash.
- Identify proper staffing levels, hire, develop and train a team of employees to deliver superior customer service and perform daily job functions. Employees include attendants, cashiers, bookkeepers, and maintenance personnel.
- Supervise employee performance to ensure all duties are completed to the highest standard, and provide additional training or disciplinary measures as necessary.
Client Retention & Satisfaction
- Ensure pro-active communication with client regarding opportunities to improve operations.
- Resolve client requests, concerns and issues diplomatically.
- Monitor facility maintenance for cleanliness standards and make recommendations to improve the aesthetics of the facility.
Marketing & Revenue Optimization
- Assist in recommendations to maximize revenues, which may include parking rate studies, local and online consumer marketing plans or prepaid parking services.
Safety & Risk Management
- Monitor and review all damage claims. Recommend and implement plans or programs to improve safety of operations to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of similar claims.
- Implement all policy and procedures to ensure compliance with all OSHA laws.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience to lead, manage and motivate team members
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task or work independently
- Ability to react and problem solve quickly
- Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel or Google Documents or Spreadsheets
- Ability to learn internal computer programs
- Prior experience developing budgets and P&L review a plus
- Parking management experience preferred but not required
- License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website