At SP+ we are embracing new technologies and techniques for developing and deploying innovative analytics that support decision making resulting in better and faster decisions. We are seeking an innovative, results-driven data scientist to join our Revenue Management team and leverage technology, optimization, simulation, statistics and machine learning models to improve current analytical capabilities as well as deploy new analytical capabilities. In this role you will work with partners in Product, IT and Operations as well as external vendors.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills and be comfortable interacting with both peers and upward through senior leadership. We are looking for someone who has a passion for data and analytics, an in-depth understanding of modeling techniques and the willingness to dig deep into details while maintaining the big picture. While the primary objective of this position is to develop decision sciences for the Revenue Management team, there will also be other opportunities to drive value in other areas of SP+.
- Develop solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, statistical modeling, simulation and machine learning techniques
- Understand a business problem and the available data and identify what analytics and modeling techniques can be applied to answer a business question
- Build upon current revenue management analytics by ideating and building out new approaches to answer complex questions
- Participate in the development of pricing tools including pricing science, elasticity, and demand forecasting
- Partner with Revenue Management analysts to develop better analytical approaches, tools or reports
- Develop hypotheses on how we can better optimize our business, then test and repeat
- Develop measurement methodologies to understand the impacts of new tools and product features
- Stay current on the latest science and technology standards and best practices
- Present results and findings in PowerPoint and other effective means of communication to directly influence business decisions
- Work/educational experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence systems
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with analytical coding languages such as Python, R, SQL
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and ability to continually learn and develop technical and soft skills
- Bachelor of Science degree (i.e. Economics, Math, Physics, etc) or 2 years equivalent work experience in similar type of role
- Proper U.S. work authorization is required (current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship)
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in Pricing or Revenue Management discipline
- Related experience at an airline, hotel, rental car, logistics or retail company
- Experience with AWS AI Solutions
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website