We are seeking an individual with 1-2+ years of accounting and audit experience for a staff auditor position to join the company's internal audit department. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the execution of the company's annual SOX Program, as well as other projects and audits within the Internal Audit Department. The staff auditor role is key in drafting and executing test plans, assisting with walkthroughs of the company's key financial controls, and deficiency remediation. This position will report directly to the Director, Internal Audit. This position can be worked remotely if the employee is outside of the Chicago area.
Assist management and the Internal Audit team to evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of financial internal controls by:
- Evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of financial internal controls:
- Conduct and document walkthroughs of key financial reporting processes
- Assess and execute controls testing, derive conclusions and establish recommendations for issue remediation.
- Assist in reviews of SOC-1 reports
- Creating work products such as audit analyses, correspondence, reports, and working papers that document audit procedures, findings, and recommendations.
- Assisting audit director and seniors to liaison/ partner with the business in support of their needs to design or remediate controls – this will include effectively interacting with control owners, managers, and internal audit.
- Assisting in other Internal Audits or investigations where needed. These audits may include:
- Travel/Entertainment expense audits and miscellaneous audits deemed significant through the annual enterprise risk assessment process
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2+ years of experience in Accounting or Auditing position or related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of Internal Controls, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities and requirements
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- PC Skills – Experience in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and flow charting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform problem solving/logic/root cause analyses
- Ability and willingness for limited travel (10%)
- Professional Accreditation, e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA
- Public Accounting experience
- Working knowledge and experience testing IT General Controls as it relates to SOX 404 requirements
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website