As a Valet Dispatcher, you will be responsible for coordinating the parking and retrieving of guest vehicles by Valet Attendants, while securing and keeping track of all vehicle keys.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the timely dispatching of Valet Attendants to park and retrieve guest vehicles
- Monitor the amount of time guests wait for their vehicle to ensure it meets the property's service standard
- Secure and keep track of all guest vehicle keys
- Accept and process valet fees (if applicable)
- Answer the telephone using proper telephone etiquette
- Inform customers of valet rates, as well as possess a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the lot to be able to provide customer directions to customers to various locations in the area, if needed
- Respond to customer questions/issues in a prompt and courteous manner
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to Supervisors, Facility Manager and/or Senior Manager
- Assist the Ramp Supervisor in maintaining a clear ramp area by sending runners to the front door
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the area around garage office
- Be on time for every scheduled work day
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts
- Assist Supervisors and Managers with additional duties, as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior valet driving experience preferred.
License Requirement: The individual will only be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license, with a current address and acceptable driving record, if the individual is expected to be able to drive a company vehicle or drive on company business.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Customer Service Skills: Ability to effectively respond positively to customer problems or complaints.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Other skills and abilities: Ability to use clock (standard/military time), calculator (optional) or credit card machine to handle transactions, if applicable to your location. Ability to maintain a pleasant and mannerly demeanor when speaking on the telephone and with the public. Ability to effectively respond to customer problems or complaints.
Other Attributes: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change frequently between a sitting and standing position. The employee is required to use a phone or two-way radio.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website