Basic Function – Greet valet guests, issue claim checks and inspect arriving vehicles in in a professional, courteous, and confident manner.
- Arrive at work every scheduled day, on time and in a neat and clean uniform
- Greet guests and offer them assistance, which can include: opening vehicle doors, carrying and/or lifting luggage, providing directions and general information about facility
- Complete pre-existing damage inspection on all in-coming valet vehicles
- Inform guests of valet rate and services provided
- Monitor the valet entrance for any suspicious activity
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to Supervisors
- Have a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways around the lot to be able to provide customer directions
- Respond to customer questions in a prompt and courteous manner
- Communicate with drivers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Clean and maintain surrounding work area
- Help relocate vehicles on an as needed basis ensure that traffic lanes remain clear
- Complete other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior valet driving, and customer service experience preferred.
License Requirement: The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record. Ability to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift) a plus.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required. Must be punctual when scheduled to work and have excellent attendance.
Language skills: Must be able to read and write English exceptionally well. Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, drivers, and co-workers on socio-economical levels. Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Be able to write simple correspondence and/or reports legibly. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one situations to guests, passengers, and drivers.
Customer Service Skills: Ability to effectively respond positively to customer problems or complaints.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to apply patience when communicating with others in difficult situations. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used in Role: Two-way radios, Standalone credit card machine, Valet revenue equipment, ticket printers, various report forms, information logs, brochures.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and listen. Employees are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including cold and extreme heat.
Employees work in and around potentially dangerous traffic situations, and employees are always to be safety conscious. Employees on occasion must lift/move up to 50 lbs. Employees are regularly exposed to high levels of noise and/or fumes from vehicles.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website