Job Opportunity Job ID: 29397 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose The Administrative Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
The Administrative Fellowship for Sparrow is designed for a Master\u2019s prepared individual to foster independence and experiential learning. The Fellowship will emphasize structured learning and leadership development in addition to completion of work. This position is extended for a period of 18 months and involves rotations within various departments in the health system, interaction with senior leadership and participation in strategic healthcare management.
- Opportunities to work with high-level executives and gain insight on the decision-making process within the organization. Develop awareness and understanding of Sparrow organizational structure and the interrelation between departments and personnel.
- Gain exposure to strategic planning, patients and caregivers experience initiatives, service excellence, innovation and healthcare operations.
- Works closely with various Sparrow business units, departments, entities and senior administrative staff as part of an ongoing rotation determined by the preceptor, to engage with multiple departments in a meaningful way.
- Assist in the development and implementation of long-term goals and objectives for the health system.
- Be a proactive, visible and approachable resource to system senior leadership, individual hospital leaders and staff to gain opportunities to work on all levels of the healthcare organization.
- Setting, measuring and maintaining benchmarks for both corporate, business unit and individual hospital performance across all areas of responsibility. Acquire and refine managerial competencies, including analytical, persuasive and human relation shills.
- Opportunities to take initiative and ownership to create and/improve processes or programs by, recommending policies and developing programs for efficient and effective delivery across the system. Establish a performance record through project work and departmental staff responsibilities.
- Performing other duties and/or rotations as assigned by the Hospital President. Opportunities to work on and complete well-structured assignments and/or projects.
- Functions independently as Administrative Representative working in concert with Nursing Supervisor for administrative leadership at the hospital.
- Hold operational leadership responsibility within the hospital towards the end of fellowship by serving as the on-call Hospital Administrator
A 15-Month Position
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website