Job Opportunity Job ID: 18302 Positions Location: East Lansing, MI Job Description The Sparrow IT department is made up of Description:
Positions Location: East Lansing, MIJob Description
The Sparrow IT department is made up of enterprising critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems and improving process and systems in healthcare – a field which serves an important public purpose.
Our IT department supports all analytic, business intelligence and technical infrastructure needs for the health system: administration, data analytics, clinical, facilities, finance, human resources, informatics, insurance, patient care, project management, supply chain and all systems/technology.
We are committed to providing growth opportunities, training and mentoring for our associates as they learn specific subject matter expertise. Our team has a variety of curricular and professional backgrounds and a desire for meaningful work, career advancement and real responsibility. We share a passion for systems and design thinking, analytics, optimization and process improvement.
Sparrow is mid-Michigan's largest health system and its diverse range of facilities offer our community some of the most advanced medical technology in the world. By joining Sparrow, you join an organization that is committed to enhancing the services it provides to the region by establishing key partnerships with other outstanding institutions like the Mayo Clinic, Michigan State University, Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, and Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital.
The Application System Analyst designs, optimizes and implements application systems and works continually to improve applications and systems through upgrades, expansion, other projects and mentoring of other caregivers.
- Develop strong relationships with physicians, nurses and other clinical and business users of the EMR/Healthcare IT applications and be their liaison for technology and workflow issues.
- Collaborate with peers in development of business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Continually expand knowledge and expertise in healthcare industry and related technologies
- Participate in discussions with business users and project team regarding areas of opportunity to leverage technology.
- Provide on-going application support and troubleshooting. Research and participate in business requirements gathering sessions. Execute system testing and participate in deployment of applications for ambulatory/clinical lines of business.
- Escalate issues to vendor partners
- Own sub-projects of larger projects led by senior analysts
- Provide at the elbow support to end users during go-lives
- Build reports and workflows in the EMR and related applications from functional and technical specifications.
- Document application workflows, business processes, and application configurations.
- Gain advanced knowledge and expertise in Epic or other EMR related applications
- Mentor application support associates
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Information Technology Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Match Any Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website