Job Opportunity Job ID: 21403 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for all activities and performance of EVS Department. Execution for operational targets, keeping facilities clean, and maintain compliance with all policies, procedures, directives of Hospital leadership, and Governmental regulations.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Develop plan to maintain cleanliness of Sparrow facilities and ensure execution of business plan.
- Provide routine updates through detailed and organized review of departmental plan and demonstrate continued improvement.
- Provide oversight and accountability for financial performance in business plan.
- Responsible for competence, accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics. Facilitate Capital requests and strategic investment.
- Improve performance and perception via customer survey's and quantifiable statistics.
- Comply with all Governmental and Accrediting guidelines
- Provide accountability for quality performance and service standards
- Facilitate proper recruitment, onboarding, training, and development of staff
- Ensure compliance with hospital policies, procedures, and contracts
- Coordinate with Facilities departments when painting, repairs, or other general maintenance needs are observed during regular duties.
Job Requirements General Requirements• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures. • Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). • Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our associates, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful. • Adheres to established best practices (i.e. Rounding, Thank You Notes, AIDET, etc.). • Demonstrates commitment to safety by establishing an environment in which safety issues are promptly reported and appropriate actions are taken. Work Experience• Minimum of seven years operations experience at the managerial/supervisor level. • Minimum of five years Environmental Services, Custodial, Janitorial Experience Education• Bachelor Degree with emphasis in, healthcare administration, business management, or related area. • Master's Degree. Preferred. • Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP). Preferred. Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Demonstrate oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. • Demonstrate ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives. • Demonstrate ability to anticipate and solve problems. • Comprehensive knowledge of JCAHO, HFAP, (AOA), MDPH, and OSHA acts.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website