Job Opportunity Job ID: 29369 Positions Location: East Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Description:
Positions Location: East Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the supervision of the Programs Manager, oversees the daily operations of the aquatics department.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Oversees and directs day-to-day operations of the aquatic department
- Provides leadership and guidance to departmental personnel.
- Assists the Programs Manager in the establishent of yearly department operation and capital budgets
- Has direct oversight of the budgets for the current fiscal year.
- Develop a program plan for all aquatic programming and conducts needs assessments to determine desired aquatic programs of the membership.
- Responsible for new caregivers orientations, and trains all aquatic staff, assuring that applicable certifications are obtained, and that standards (e.g., Red Cross, safety and Health Department), policies, and procedures are followed.
- Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of all aquatic caregivers to assure programs are run safely and according to accepted standards and employees are achieving desired levels of output and quality.
- Maintains water quality at Health Department standards.
- Responds to mechanical emergencies as needed and helps assist with outside contractors to effect repairs if necessary.
- Recommends for the purchase of all aquatics equipment including Capital Improvement Programs/ Acquisitions.
- Serves as Lifeguard Supervisor on a year-round basis and establishes schedules for Lifeguard Staff.
- Ability to teach Group Swim Lessons, Adult Swim, and Parent/Baby/Tot classes, and private instruction.
- Responsible to see that all work assignments for Aquatics are carried out properly, safely and completely within the allotted time schedule set by the manager.
- Attends meetings and seminars, both internally and externally, to further managerial knowledge and professional skills.
- Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that quality standards are met by inspecting completed work.
- Capable and available to help substitute in aquatics as needed.
- Participates in performance improvement programs for aquatic caregivers.
- Assist in special events, overnights and other activities as assigned.
- Support operations by appropriately representing the MAC in all forums and by demonstrating commitment to MAC philosophy, mission, goals, policies and procedures.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Michigan Athletic Club Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website