Job Opportunity Job ID: 27227 UNIX/SAN/DBA Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Broad leadership and management responsibilities for People, Process and Technology providing stable and functional systems and services to Sparrow Health System. Directly responsible for carrying out the department\u2019s mission of proactive planning, management and leadership through capacity planning and configuration management. Works with IT leadership team to help develop infrastructure, strategic and tactical planning; manages departmental budget.
People Management and Leadership
- Build, manage and develop a high performing team of Technical Professionals to design, develop, implement, and support system needs for Unix/SAN/Database and other related technologies.
- Promote an environment and culture that facilitates the recruitment, retention and career development of professional, technical and support staff.
- Define and consistently communicate performance expectations; evaluate and provide feedback to team-members based on those standards.
- Provide functional and technical expertise to staff.
- Ensure compliance with organization security and confidentiality requirements.
Customer Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and stakeholders to enable IT to be a strategic partner to operations.
- Understand key drivers of success for customer service lines and proactively work with operational counterparts and peers within IT to align technology and applications roadmaps.
- Create and maintain a service-oriented relationship with customers.
- Actively manage user relationships to organize, analyze, plan, prioritize, and follow-up regarding project work and technical requests.
- Support and encourage appropriate participation by customers and stakeholders.
- Recommend appropriate staff and material resources for support and projects and proactively manage team resources to meet resource needs of all operational work and strategic projects.
- Assign resources for training, down-time support, enhancements, and active projects.
- Monitor resource requirements across training related activities and make adjustments as needed.
- Provide input to quarterly reports on resource utilization and trends.
- Coordinate resource requirements across and within teams.
Program, Process and Project Management
- Collaborate with peers and other key departments to plan, develop, enhance and implement technical programs, processes and projects.
- Actively manage daily work and problem assignments to ensure balanced workload allocation.
- Work with directors and other IT leaders to develop and manage departmental budget.
- Develop strong partnership-based relationship with the IT Security, other IT Infrastructure Teams, IT PMO, IT Applications, PHP IT, BI/Data Analytics, IT Training and other teams working on key projects and initiatives.
- Provide oversight for UNIX/SAN/Database related projects and be accountable for successful delivery.
Technology Leadership, Vendor and Contract Management:
- Demonstrate active and ongoing learning regarding technology.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to improve quality, safety, efficiency and improve caregiver and physician satisfaction and patient outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key vendors.
- Provide ongoing management of vendor relationships and contracts
- Track open issues for resolution by vendors and routinely report on status.
- Provide oversight to vendor resources and contractors assigned to do projects and production work.
System Oversight and Management:
- Provide oversight regarding system change requests and tickets including flow, tracking and prioritization of change requests and tickets.
- Support testing of change requests and tickets using standard methodologies.
- Collaborate with other IT leaders to plan, develop, and implement standard support processes.
- Supervise on-call staffing for 24X7 user support when needed.
- Participate in On-Call and Daily Safety rotation as needed.
- Follow and enforce Change Control processes to ensure proper approval, coordination, and communication of systems changes.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate documentation and issues by using standard methodologies.
- Monitor adherence to technical and functional standards.
Job Requirements Work Experience\u2022 Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in Information Technology \u2022 Experience working in a service-oriented IT environment Education\u2022 Bachelor\u2019s Degree in IT or related field * Master's degree preferredSpecialized Knowledge and Skills\u2022 Demonstrable interpersonal and relational skills \u2022 Organizational and project management skills \u2022 Sound judgment \u2022 Excellent verbal and written communication skills \u2022 Initiative and drive to improve processes and develop teams \u2022 Desire for meaningful work and real responsibility \u2022 Flexibility and resilience in a dynamic work environment \u2022 Knowledge of: o Linux, Unix and Windows server operating systems preferred o Storage systems, their procurement and maintenance preferred o Backup systems, their procurement and maintenance preferred o Oracle and SQL Database systems preferred
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Information Technology Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Match Any Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website