Job Opportunity Job ID: 29811 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Provides Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides basic patient care and performs other clinical duties under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides clerical services under the direction of the Department Manager.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Cooperation and positive interpersonal relations during all interactions. Greets and interacts with patients and their family/ friends in a professional manner.
- Provides basic and technical clinical care to patients as directed by a Registered Nurse.
- Collects pertinent data and processes patients for admission and discharge following established departmental guidelines. Assists the Registered Nurse and other team members with the collection of relevant patient information related to the plan of care for the patient.&;
- Documents changes in patient demographics, current medication lists, and diagnosis on patient medical record.
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists with the assessment of the patient\u2019s condition. Communicates significant information and changes in patient condition to the Registered Nurse and/or physician.
- Assists with the flow of patients from admission to discharge, including patient transport to and from the waiting room.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and environment as directed. Restocks supplies and laundry as directed.
- Performs office support duties as necessary, including answering phone lines, scheduling patients, and filing.
- Actively participates as a team member. Constructively addresses patient and team issues to insure quality patient care and a collaborative work environment.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing education and completion of mandatory requirements.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website