Job Opportunity Job ID: 27675 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: To Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To provide professional and technical services for the treatment and care of all surgical patients.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- The NP/PA works under the supervision of the respective physician on duty.
- Respond to surgical emergencies as needed.
- Assess patient condition and initiate appropriate nursing and /or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and evidence-bases practice.
- Provide a safe environment for the patient and other caregivers.
- Maintain professional standards by participating in mandatory in-services and hospital/departmental requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, the Corporate Compliance Plan, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System\u2019s Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Apply research findings in one\u2019s practice and teaching.
- Support and participate in research activities.
- Attends conferences and continuing medical education programs in order to maintain required CME's
- Collaborate with the health care team in planning and coordinating care for patients.
- Participates in Quality/Process Improvement initiatives including peer review activities.
- Collaboration with the surgeon and other health care professionals for optimal surgical outcomes. The duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the anesthesiologist when applicable
- Assisting with patient positioning, skin preparation, and draping
- Providing wound exposure
- Handling and cutting tissue appropriately to reduce potential for injury
- Using and manipulating surgical instruments and medical devices skillfully
- First assisting surgeon in the operating room and demonstrating proficiency in all aspects as taught by the supervising physician
- Providing homeostasis
- Suturing tissue and closing wounds
- Communicating daily to appropriate health care personnel
- Working conditions : some irregular hours
- Working conditions : Ability to work with diverse staff and patients
- Other procedures as designated by attending/supervising physician
General Surgery APP Positions with Sparrow Hospital
Sparrow Health System (SHS) is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated, full-time APP\u2019s to join their team located in Lansing, Michigan. Sparrow delivers exceptional quality care in a diverse and family friendly community. SHS are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region.
- Flexible day schedule
- No call
- Assist the anesthesiologist when applicable
- First assist when needed
- 3 years experienced preferred
- Sparrow Hospital has been ranked among the 150 best hospitals in the country by Newsweek magazine
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Learn more about this position by contacting:
Tammy Hill, CPRP, Physician & APP Recruitment Specialist
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website