Job Opportunity Job ID: 22744 Mary Free Bed at Sparrow Inpatient Rehab Unit Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Providesscheduling and clinical support to enhance a patient's experience on inpatient rehabilitation. Assists with wheelchair assignments and maintenance.Performs routine, repetitive therapeutic procedures as directed andunder the supervision of a licensed staff member.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Schedule patient appointments and maintain therapist's schedules. Maintain accurate floor sheets and distribute accordingly. Communicate with all team members to coordinate delivery of therapy services in accordance with required therapy minute guidelines.
- Monitor, inventory and order department supplies. Maintain inventory of department therapy supplies and purchasing records. Generate purchase requisitions.
- Provide appropriate wheelchairs to patients and maintain all wheelchairs and wheelchair parts.
- Perform and document cleaning and maintenance activities according to department standards. These include but are not limited to cleaning treatment areas, stocking clean linens, removing dirty linens, disinfecting patient care equipment, and performing routine maintenance checks.
- Cross-train with other rehab support staff to competently cover other positions as needed.
- Assist in the provision of therapy interventions under the supervision of a staff PT, PTA, OTR or COTA. Therapy interventions include but are not limited to: modality assistance, equipment and treatment area set-up and clean-up, aquatic therapy program assistance, assistance with ambulation, transfers, wheelchair mobility, and mat activities and assistance with ADL's and table top activities.
- Transport patients between therapy gyms/treatment rooms and patient rooms.
- Communicate verbally with the responsible clinician regarding the patient's feedback related to designated intervention.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers' rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as in services, staff meetings, team meetings, and continuing education courses.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by treating our customers with respect and responding to their needs in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Follows all hospital policy and procedures related to infection control.
- Supports program operations as assigned.
Job Requirements General Requirements• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures. • Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence). • Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our associates, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful. • Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank). • Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities. Work Experience• Minimum of six (6) months experience in a healthcare setting.Education• High school diploma or GED. • Successful completion of Acute Care Nursing Assistant Program or documented completion of Fundamentals of Nursing as a current student in a nursing program or previous experience as a PCT in an acute care setting. • Possess and maintain CPR certification to meet department/program protocol (within 6 months of hire). Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Able to type 45 WPM or demonstrate steps to increase proficiency toward this standard. • Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or other computer software as deemed appropriate. • Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. • Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology. • Demonstrate ability to prioritize and keep pace in a very busy setting. • Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing work situations. • Ability in handle office machinery such as fax machines and multi-line phone system. • Effective written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website