Job Opportunity Job ID: 29758 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Provides Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides clerical/clinical support for the Sparrow Rehabilitation operations in order to maximize the value, potential, and satisfaction of our customers. Ensures the scheduling and staffing needs of the IP Rehab Services department are met and completes timekeeping processes to ensure the department has appropriate resources to meet the needs of our patients
while interpreting various union and non-union pay practices correctly.
- Greet and receive patients and visitors in the department as appropriate.
- Answer the telephone and direct calls to associates and other departments appropriately; demonstrate ability to handle a large volume of telephone calls daily.
- Cooperate with other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services, including scheduling patient appointments, obtaining information for registration and billing.
- Compile, maintain and distribute daily and weekly rehabilitation schedules.
- Perform typing assignments, including correspondence, reports, forms, etc. with accuracy and on a timely basis.
- Compiles data and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses, and statements.
- Open, sort and distribute department mail.
- Demonstrate effective use of all office equipment.
- Perform routine clerical tasks and assists other clerical associates with office duties as needed.
- Ensures adherence to and participates in scheduling practices that meet the needs of our patients and the organization.
- Assesses and determines department staffing needs using reporting analytics, established staffing guidelines, bargaining unit agreements, and other operational information.
- Reallocates resources based on patient and departmental needs and seeks guidance from supervisor/manager to make these decisions when appropriate.
- Reduces staffing as necessary according to established policies and contractual language.
- Conducts timekeeping practices ensuring consistent adherence to departmental policies.
- Consistently documents accurate information in Kronos.
- Continually expands knowledge and expertise in the staffing process and Kronos application.
- Cross-train with other office staff to competently cover other positions as needed.
- Monitor, inventory and order department supplies. Maintain inventory of department therapy supplies and purchasing records. Generate purchasing requisitions.
- Assist in the provision of therapy interventions under the supervision of a staff PT, PTA, ATC, OTR, COTA or SLP. Greet and transport patients.
- Communicate verbally with the responsible clinician regarding the patient\u2019s feedback related to the delegated intervention.
- Perform and document cleaning and maintenance activities according to department standards.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers\u2019 rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as in services, staff meetings, team meetings, and continuing education courses.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers, fostering an environment of teamwork and high productivity and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
Job Requirements General Requirements* Current Nursing Assistant Certification or Successful completion of Acute Care Nursing Assistant Program or equivalent education and/or experience preferred.Work Experience* Minimum of six (6) months experience in a healthcare office or similar setting. \u2022 Six (6) months previous experience providing direct patient care in a healthcare setting preferred. * Previous experience in staffing, scheduling, and/or payroll preferred \u2022 Previous experience with utilizing Kronos preferred Education* High school diploma or GED.Specialized Knowledge and Skills\u2022 Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job. \u2022 Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or other computer software as deemed appropriate. \u2022 Demonstrates strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, think logically and sequentially and make complex decisions encompassing multiple variables. \u2022 Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology. \u2022 Demonstrate ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. \u2022 Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including relationship building, negotiation, persuasion, diplomacy, and advocacy. \u2022 Demonstrates ability to interact efficiently with Managers, Directors, frontline caregivers, and peers. \u2022 Demonstrates ability to work in stressful situations and manage conflict respectfully.
FLOAT Rehab Support Position. Variable start and end times.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website