Job Opportunity Job ID: 21333 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for providing comprehensive patient care through the assessment of patients physiological, psychological and behavioral systems. Initiate a plan of action to meet the patient's needs and those as directed by the radiation oncologist.
- Assess patient's physiological, psychological and behavioral symptoms in order to prepare a plan of action meeting needs of each patient, evaluate action plan and modify as necessary and monitor the quality of patient care and documents as indicated.
- Assess dietary needs of the patient and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate professional judgment in emergency situations by making appropriate decisions in carrying out nursing functions.
- Perform procedures and administer medication as directed by the physicians, assist physicians and therapists in simulation and treatment rooms as requested, and counsel patients under the direction of the physician.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of exam room supplies.
- Monitor and record data on patient's physical and mental status as needed.
- Educate the general nursing staff; including instructions on the handling and care of patients receiving both external and internal radiotherapy and teach nursing care to patients and their families.
- Involved in some handling of and assisting in radioisotope implants and High Dose Rate procedures.
- Refer patients and their families to hospital and community resources as needed. Describe what must be accomplished, not how it must be done.
Job Requirements General Requirements• Current State of Michigan licensure as a registered nurse. • Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Work Experience• Minimum of two years general nursing experience, one year of which must be in the field of Oncology. • Preferred- IV start experience. • Preferred- Completion of Oncology certification examination. Education• Degree from an accredited school of nursing. • Ongoing continuing education directly related to the field of oncology. • Participation in and completion of basic oncology nursing course. Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills. • Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website