Job Opportunity Job ID: 18152 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Patient care Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Patient care activities, clerical duties, and related non-professional services necessary for the personal needs, comfort and safety of the patients. Has the ability to perform duties involving the care, packaging, cleaning, autoclaving of instruments and supplies. Provide for the care and cleaning of specific patient equipment.
- Provides basic and technical care to patients as directed by an RN.
- Performs clerical skills accurately and in an organized manner.
- Actively participates as a team member. Positively addresses patient and team issues to insure quality patient care and a callaborative work enfironment.
- Assumes responsibilty for ongoing education and completion of mandatory requirements
- Assess supply needs of the various units and clinical area.
- Sets priorities in cleaning, packaging, and autoclaving, according to surgery schedule and needs of other units and performs skills safely and according to current procedure.
- Reports declining levels of supplies and faulty or available equipment to manager.
- Assumes responsibility for assignment and utilizes proper communication channels.
- Establishes a good rapport with patients, families, visitors and staff, exemplifying the ICARE values.
- Provides safe and prompt delivery of sterile and non-sterile goods to departments for patient care.
- Communicates concise information for maintenance of autoclave.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures and assists in orientation of new personnel.
Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected change in type of work or work volume, emergencies, staffing, or scheduling changes with a positive attitudeJob Requirements General RequirementsAt least eight (8) hours of continuing education per year related to certification. Certification from an accredited central supply technician course, preferred. Work ExperienceNone Previous hospital experience preferred. EducationHigh school diploma or equivalent Completion of an accredited central supply technician course within 1 year of service Specialized Knowledge and SkillsAble to follow written and verbal instruction.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website