Job Opportunity Job ID: 22556 Per diem scheduling specialist Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Schedule and coordinate resources for patient appointments and procedures for Medical Oncology (6027), Radiation Oncology (7050) and Intravenous Specialty Infusion Center (ISIC). Obtain all needed patient related information including diagnostic records, lab results etc.. Verify all appointments/procedures in EPIC/Mosaiq. Greet and check in patients for testing using AIDET. Support Physicians/Administration/Caregivers in their daily needs.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Interviews patients and physicians office staff for the purpose of entering confidential patient insurance and demographic information into the EPIC/Mosaiq scheduling system.
- Serve as Liaison for Centralized Scheduling. Assures that improvement measurements are implemented.
- Schedules patient procedures using EPIC/Mosaiq obtaining all necessary information and coordinating procedures with physicians, radiation oncology staff, equipment and personnel availability.
- Coordinate the compiling of patient records to facilitate patient rounds and quality assurance matters.
- Monitor accuracy of scheduled orders coming through Centralized Scheduling.
- Process patient orders via EPIC/Mosaiq.
- Answer all incoming, outgoing and inter-hospital phone calls using AIDET. Relays information to proper party, takes messages, contacts necessary person, and answers inquiries.
- Handles confidential information on a daily basis and maintains HIPPA compliance.
- Types reports, communications, records and forms as well as copying, filing, and delivery of these materials. Performs all other secretarial duties as assigned
- Coordinates ordering needed supplies for department.
- Initiates pages to physicians and staff.
- Maintains patient medical records.
- Instruct new Caregivers in all procedures and responsibilities.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website