Job Opportunity Job ID: 18075 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: To Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job:
To provide a safe, secure and orderly environment so that quality, compassionate, accessible healthcare services can be provided without undue fear for personal safety and the safety of property.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Screening at Emergency Department entrances looking for items that may cause harm to patients, caregivers, physicians and Sparrow guests.
- Handle, disarm and secure firearms.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for, and provide assistance to, Caregivers, Patients, physicians, volunteers and guests of the Sparrow Health System.
- Utilize and demonstrate competency in the use of various security technologies and software applications (CCTV, IP cameras, Alarm Systems, Access Control Systems, ID Badging, Metal Detectors and X-Ray screening, Intercom Systems, Radios and Paging Systems).
- Maintain current knowledge of all Sparrow properties and related security technologies to ensure proper response to calls for service.
- Coordinate, direct and ensure an efficient Caregiver response to fire alarms and chemical spills/leaks.
- Responds to disasters by setting up Incident Command Center, implementing appropriate facility lockdown and access control and procedures, manages pedestrian and vehicular traffic and, as necessary, assists with decontamination procedures (staging and property collection).
- Control/monitor access to Sparrow properties/units in accordance with current policies and procedures. Includes programming access to specific group(s), locking and unlocking buildings/offices, screening of visitors after hours, and monitoring access and alarm systems of off-site properties.
- Assist Caregivers with disorderly and/or combative individuals.
- Monitor vehicle traffic, parking facilities and assist motorists as necessary. Conduct investigations associated with automobile accidents, theft, damage or malicious destruction.
- Provide safe transport and safekeeping for various hospital monies and patient valuables.
- Prepare a variety of reports including Daily Logs, Reports of Investigation, Violent Incident, and Fire Reports for legal/administrative review and Safety Committee statistical information.
- Conduct investigations and submit reports for follow-up, insurance purposes or for use by Human Resources and governmental agencies.
- Perform other duties, as directed, associated with stat materials/medical records acquisition, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology deliveries, etc.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System's ICARE values, and respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Provide Visitors with information and direct them appropriately to departments, rooms and functions within the Sparrow Health System. Initiate problem solving when information is lacking (i.e. no doctors name, no paperwork, wrong building, wrong hospital.)
- Identify the need for and utilize resources skillfully that serve those with language, visual or hearing challenges.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Service/Support/Skilled Maintenance Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website