Job Opportunity Job ID: 22784 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Performs a wide range of routine to moderately complex medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Performs clinical testing in one or more areas of the Hospital's lab: hematology, chemistry, blood bank, urinalysis, serology, and/or coagulation.
- Performs a wide range of routine to moderately medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to determine presence of normal and/or abnormal components; notifies appropriate medical staff of values that are deemed critical to patient's health or treatment; recommends additional tests as appropriate.
- Collects specimens from patients and processes specimens for testing or storage in accordance with established procedures.
- Validates, calculates, and tabulates results of tests performed, posts findings to log books and quality control records, and makes reports of observations.
- Assists medical staff with questions related to clinical testing procedures and interpretation of test results. Assists in maintaining work areas; cleans equipment/instruments, restocks supplies, and orders supplies as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website