Job Opportunity Job ID: 29192 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides patient care in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures under the direction and direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, and/or Director.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization\u2019s policies and procedures and compliance guidelines.
- Assists the nurse with patient admissions, discharges, transfers, pre and post op care, treatments, vital signs, etc.
- May provide personal care including, but not limited to, hygiene, toileting, ambulation, positioning, and feeding.
- Performs routine treatments and specimen collections which do not require a licensed nurse or technologist. After demonstrating competency may perform venipuncture, discontinue IV\u2019s, perform Foley catheter care, and discontinue a Foley catheter as delegated by the RN.
- Documents patient interventions and reports changes in the patient condition or behavior to the nurse.
- After training and demonstrating competency may perform tasks such as splinting/splint care, and performing EKG\u2019s
- Participates in department specific patient rounding procedures, anticipates patient needs, responds to patient requests and documents rounds.
- Assists physicians as requested with patient positioning and examinations.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by cleaning rooms, instruments, and equipment and reporting equipment that is not functioning correctly. Prepares equipment for disinfection and sterilization, and maintains stock of patient care supplies as directed.
- Assists with clerical duties as needed such as physician orders, answering phones, and directing visitors.
- Maintains BLS certification and completes annual and/or mandatory competencies.
- Demonstrates and promotes patient safety in the use of equipment and technology and decreases the risk of adverse patient events/outcomes.
- Demonstrates and supports the hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates age appropriate care and understanding of the needs of special populations and respect for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Nights Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website