Job Opportunity Job ID: 18517 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for supporting Customer Service goals and objectives by interacting directly with customers to meet their needs, relay information, provide instruction, verify insurance coverage and resolve inquiries and issues.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Responds to incoming telephone inquiries from customers who wish to place orders or have referrals.
- Acts as primary contact to walk-in customers and meets their needs in a professional manner.
- Completes orders by selecting the appropriate product from shelf or, if product is not readily available, contacts a Warehouse Technician for assistance.
- Verifies customer's insurance coverage and ensures related documentation is complete.
- Inputs customer and insurance information into Sparrow Medical Supply database system.
- Makes outbound telephone calls to resolve inquiries and issues regarding insurance coverage and to obtain authorizations.
- Instructs customer on appropriate use of equipment, if applicable.
- Performs basic fittings (e.g., knee braces, wrist braces, diabetic supplies, tennis elbow braces, soft neck braces)
- Seeks supervisory assistance to resolve complex customer issues.
- Becomes skilled at and possesses complete understanding of all Level 8 tasks, as required.
- General understanding of product, prices and location.
- Maintains showroom and product shelves in neat and orderly fashion.
- Performs cash register sales, runs credit card machine and processes payments on account.
- Educates customers on Patient/Client Bill of Rights and Responsibilities of the Patient/Client and, if applicable, ensures customer is advised of payment due.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance Policies, including but not limited to current Medicare guidelines.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Medical Supply Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website