Job Opportunity Job ID: 21604 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides emergency advanced life support to patients at the scene and during transport to the hospital. Assists in providing medical care to patients in the Emergency Department as delegated by and under the supervision of the RN.
- Provides emergency advanced life support to patients at the scene and during transport to the hospital. Duties include performing a physical assessment to determine the nature and extent of the patient's illness/injury, administering first aide, drug administration, oxygen therapy, IV therapy, EKG testing and interpretation, performing endotracheal intubation, and preparing patient for transport to the hospital.
- Communicates pertinent patient information, observations and responses to delegated treatments to the RN and physicians in a timely manner.
- Transports patients to and from various hospitals and facilities as directed.
- Provides emotional support and addresses patient and family concerns as needed.
- Completes required ambulance run documentation, transfer reports and ambulance billings.
- Maintains assigned ambulance; decontaminates interior, cleans equipment, restocks supplies, and monitors maintenance of the vehicle (e.g., fuel levels, tire inspection, etc.).
- Assists in providing medical care to patients in the Emergency Room as delegated by the RN. Duties include performing physical examinations, basic and advanced life support skills, administration of medications as delegated by the RN, maintaining accurate record of patient's physical and mental condition, reporting any unusual signs or changes in patient's status to appropriate RN. Provides medical care to patients on other units with in the hospital as delegated by the RN.
- Assists with maintaining a clean, neat and safe environment for patients; changes linens, cleans equipment and restocks supplies.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required.
- Provides guidance and supervision to assigned staff. Duties include assigning work, monitoring care provided, training, mentoring and assisting with the provision of care.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Eaton Hospital is a community hospital affiliated with Sparrow Health System located in Charlotte, Michigan - which is a short 15 minute drive to downtown Lansing.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website