Job Opportunity Job ID: 21429 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides patient care in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures under the direction and direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, and/or Director.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies and procedures and compliance guidelines.
- Assists the nurse with patient admissions, discharges, transfers, pre and post op care, treatments, vital signs, etc.
- May provide personal care to includes, but not limited to, hygiene, toileting, ambulation, positioning, and feeding.
- Performs routine treatments and specimen collections which do not require a licensed nurse or technologist. After demonstrating competency may perform venipuncture, discontinue IV's, perform Foley catheter care, and discontinue a Foley catheter as delegated by the RN.
- Documents patient interventions and reports changes in the patient condition or behavior to the nurse.
- After training and demonstrating competency may perform tasks such as splinting/splint care, and performing EKG's
- Participates in department specific patient rounding procedures, anticipates patient needs, responds to patient requests and documents rounds.
- Assists physicians as requested with patient positioning and examinations.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by cleaning rooms, instruments, and equipment and reporting equipment that is not functioning correctly. Prepares equipment for disinfection and sterilization, and maintains stock of patient care supplies as directed.
- Assists with clerical duties as needed such as physician orders, answering phones, and directing visitors.
- Maintains BLS certification and completes annual and/or mandatory competencies.
- Demonstrates and promotes patient safety in the use of equipment and technology and decreases the risk of adverse patient events/outcomes.
- Demonstrates and supports the hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates age appropriate care and understanding of the needs of special populations and respect for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements General Requirements• BLS Certification Work Experience• Minimum of one-year direct patient care experience as a PCT, EMT, EMT-S, EMT-P, LPN, MA, CNA or completion of one year of clinical rotation in an RN programEducation• High School Diploma or equivalent • PCT certification or EMT/Paramedic, LPN, MA, CNA certification or currently enrolled Registered Nurse Student who has completed the required competencies in the college lab setting and at least one year of clinical patient care rotationsSpecialized Knowledge and Skills• Knowledge of accrediting and regulatory standards and hospital policies related to the provision of patient care including HIPAA confidentiality and TJC mandates • Written and computer skills necessary to prepare required documentation • Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, patients, and their families in situations requiring courtesy, tact, respect and patience • Mental ability to complete required documentation in a timely manner, deal with the concerns and emotional needs of patients and their families, and appropriately respond to stressful/emergency situations • Physical ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, walk extensively, transfer/lift/ reposition/assist patients, and properly utilize the equipment/devices necessary in providing prescribed care to patients • Understands medical terminology • Demonstrates proficiency in patient care • Computer skills
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Nights Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Part-time Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website