Job Opportunity Job ID: 22775 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Medical Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Medical Record Clerk is responsible for the retrieving, delivering, locating, logging and filing of electronic medical records and paper electronic medical records. The Medical Records Clerk provides medical record support services for patients, physicians and associates.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Maintain release of information/confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Process all incoming telephone calls according to department protocols.
- Sort U.S. mail on a daily basis and assist with other mailing arrangements.
- Rounds are done once daily, consisting of picking up and delivering charts, mail, test results, dictation, etc. to all floors/suite.
- Copy all physician dictation and diagnostic reports and send out daily (electronic and paper), including enclosures when necessary.
- Electronically file all incoming charts and loose medical reports.
- Fax requested information and distribute incoming fax documents when necessary.
- Retrieve charts from storage center when needed.
- Maintain orderly files. File all incoming charts and loose medical reports – electronic and paper reports. Check for misfiled charts and refile according to filing system .
- Create outgoing letters for PCP in GTS.
Projects as assigned.Job Requirements General RequirementsNoneWork ExperienceMinimum of one year experience in a medical record departmentEducationHigh school diploma or GEDSpecialized Knowledge and SkillsMedical terminology knowledge. Knowledge of computer systems, programs and applications. Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Thoracic Cardiovascular Institute Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website