Job Opportunity Job ID: 22615 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Responsible for the Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the supervision of the clerical and medical assistant functions of Occupational Health Services (OHS) at the Medical Arts Building and the Associate Health Satelite Clinic on the Sparrow Hospital Campus.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Manages clerical and medical assistant functions including all personnel issues (interviewing, hiring, training, staffing, completion of competency assessments, corrective counseling, scheduling, performance evaluations).
- Maintains instructor certification for breath alcohol testing and DOT drug specimen collections to train and certify medical assistants and other staff. Assures compliance with Federal regulations and JCAHO requirements.
- Implements and monitors drug and alcohol testing after-hours program.
- Monitors billing functions, reviews accounts receivable, weekly billing reports and audits charges monthly. Tracks and approves ancillary charges for payment. Assists with bids and development of pricing structure.
- System administrator for Systoc software program. Builds company profiles, creates new fee codes and procedure codes as needed, etc.
- Prepares and monitors quality improvement plans, compiles data and statistics, and prepares reports.
- Coordinates staffing activities and supplies for on-site clinics such as flu vaccines, Hepatitis B injection series, and health screening.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Medical Group Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website