Job Opportunity Job ID: 22660 Every other Saturday and Sunday night 7:30pm-8:00am Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Operate radiographic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray images as directed by physicians, and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepare patient and adjust equipment for taking x-rays. Position and instruct patient regarding procedures. Take x-ray images of specified body/parts as ordered, following established procedures.
- Use immobilization devices in accordance with standard practice. Lead protective devices to protect parts of the body not in the central ray and to reduce exposure to radiation. Automatic radiation shielding (collimators) at all times.
- Responsible for x-ray images in other areas of the hospital with portable machine in areas such as surgery, emergency and patient rooms. Observe sterile technique and universal precautions when applicable.
- Ability to perform fluoroscopy (fluoroscopy is not performed in the Urgent Care or Physician offices) – Barium enemas, Upper GI studies, Video Swallows, Endoscopic procedures such as ERCP and Bronchoscopies.
- Competent to work in the Operating Room (OR) to provide x-ray during surgery and lithotripsy procedures.
- Skills and critical thinking to rapidly respond and perform x-rays on trauma patients that may be severely injured.
- Experience performing higher tech procedures, such as myelograms, arthrograms and hysteros.
- Radiographic support to Forensic department.
- Process images and use proper identification techniques so as to assure proper labeling. Log patient technical factors and pertinent information in RIS.
- Maintain established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Assist in care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies. Keep work areas clean.
- Perform imaging in a PACS environment.
- Provides educational and training expertise as needed to support the community based Radiologic Technology program and other school system initiatives.
- Provide clinical support to medical assistants to meet the needs of the patient when working at occupational health as needed.
Job Requirements General Requirements• Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography. • Must be CPR certified. Minimum of AHA Heart Saver certification or BLS required. Work Experience• Current Radiography Experience required. • Experience working in a hospital environment. Education• Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology. Specialized Knowledge and Skills• Ability to problem solve and multi task. • Must be able to perform work during periods of crisis and emergency situations. • Ability to perform physical requirements of the job. • Must be able to take on-call responsibilities including weekends and Holiday's. • Ability to work at multiple locations. • Adept with customer service. • Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Nights Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Part-time Non-Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website