- High School Diploma or Equivalent required—those employed prior to 10/01/2017 are “grandfathered” in without a GED or high school diploma
- Strong computer skills with accuracy in typing; ability to coordinate and file (electronically and paper) alphabetically; excellent professional communication skills
- Certification from an approved nursing assistant program
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the CNA provides resident focused non-licensed clinical care such as basic nursing skills and activities of daily living. The CNA must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental, and treatment needs of residents, families, and visitors ranging in age from early adult to late adult.
- Monitors and controls noise at desk to ensure professional conduct and appearance; assures the front desk is attended
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized desk area to facilitate workflow, ensuring confidential and PHI information is properly secured
- Skillfully operate and maintain computer, printer and fax machines; telephone system
- Routinely maintains standards of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid and Department of Health and Environmental Control and other licensing and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates practice to maintain a safe environment and reports safety issues for residents, visitors, co-workers and self
- Recognizes risk management situations and reports them in a timely manner
- Promptly reports equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel; uses chain of command when reporting problems/concerns and resident confidentiality, confidentiality of facility information and residents' rights and responsibilities.
- Successfully completes initial orientation and annual required computerized training, competencies and annual health evaluation
- Attends unit staff meetings, applying knowledgeable of facility's policies and procedures, medical terminology and specific services of departments
- Identifies and actively supports positive relations within team and across department lines; maintains an open and positive attitude by a willingness to participate in new initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Resident/Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional resident/customer situations; responds promptly to resident needs; solicits resident feedback in an attempt to achieve an optimum level of resident care; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to the ideas of others; and is willing to try new solutions and options; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; respectfully helps to educate others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, excellence and attention to detail; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality and excellence.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; supports the goals and values of the organization; benefits organization through outside activities and representation of the company; supports affirmative action and respects diversity; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above his/her own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens for and seeks proper clarification; responds well to questions asked; demonstrates excellent group presentation skills; participates in meetings and enrichment discussions; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet appropriate needs; presents numerical data effectively and legibly; and is able to read and interpret written information.
Apply on company website