The Cardiac Care Associate (CCA) is responsible for patient related clerical activities, unit clerical duties, computerized order entry procedures, and other unit activities, as applicable. The CCA must be able to provide and understand the specific communication needs of patients, families, and visitors. Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the CCA provides focused non-licensed clinical care for patients throughout the age continuum including phlebotomy, basic nursing skills, etc., and environmental assistance to facilitate quality service and improve patient outcomes. The CCA will document and communicate with team members in a timely manner the patient progress, needs and problems. CCA will collaborate with Leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Systems, Mission, and Goals.
5 Heart is a 32-bed cardiac stepdown unit for cardiac medical patients who need special heart monitoring due to chest pain or congestive heart failure, or after a heart catheterization or angioplasty and placement of a stent. This unit will also sometimes take post-surgical patients. This is a great unit for anyone who enjoys learning a lot within a broad patient base and working in a teamwork focused environment.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) from an approved multi-skill technician program or deemed competent by the nursing education department OR completion of 1st semester of Nursing clinical.
- Hospital Experience
- Phlebotomy certificate
Core Job Responsibilities
- Basic Computer Skills
- Assists patients with activities of daily living in a safe, timely and courteous manner.
- Performs personal hygiene care with respect to privacy, dignity and needs of the patient
- Offers back rubs, prepares for meal times and sleep hours
- Delivers meals/snacks and water in a timely manner
- Performs vital signs, weights/heights, intakes and outputs with accuracy and within established time frame and/or as requested.
- Documents written and verbal communication, which is timely and effective, communicates changes in patient status, actual and potential needs of patient/families/visitors to registered nurse.
- Provides care relative to the age-specific needs of the patient on the unit by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development
- Knowledgeable in use of and response to Code Alert/ Facility Alerts
- Identifies areas for improvement and seeks ways to work on self-defined weaknesses
- Remains committed to unit, department and division goals
- Attends continuing education classes for improvement offered at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
- Reports risk management concerns to appropriate person
- Adheres to proper chain of command.
- Hourly Rounds
- Bedside Shift Report
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website