We are looking for a full time Cardiac Sonographer for Cherokee Medical Center!
The Registered Cardiac Sonographer performs a variety of specialized technical tasks utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of anatomical abnormalities within the heart. Sonographers will perform these tasks through protocols and procedures in accordance with their professional certifying bodies and guidelines of accreditation.
- Accredited two- year Allied Health Degree, Bachelor of Science Degree, or minimum 5 years' experience in Adult Echo with certification as a Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
- Preferred 12 months experience as a cardiac sonographer
- Currently Registered ARDMS or CCI in Cardiac Ultrasound
- BLS Certification
- Some Pediatric Echo experience
Core Job Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves and demonstrate proficiency by performing routine and emergency echocardiograms, including but not limited to 2-dimensional, 3- dimensional, Doppler, Trans esophageal, and Stress Echocardiogram, as requested by physician and in accordance with IAC standards of practice.
- Assists with quality control and maintenance of all equipment in the area
- Properly utilize accessory equipment such as transducers, cleaning systems, warmers, scanners, printers, and C-PACS workstations
- Report changes in patient condition to medical staff.
- Provide an oral and written summary of preliminary findings to the reading cardiologist.
- Determine if additional views/images are indicated and discuss with physician.
- Assists in training of new staff and of students during clinical rotations
- Follows, maintains and helps implement hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable of compliance and regulatory requirements and adheres to Federal, State, accrediting bodies.
- Rotating call and coverage for after hours and weekends
- Ensure correct charging of procedures and supplies on a daily basis
- Responds calmly and efficiently to situations.
- Attends 75% of annual departmental meeting, in-services and actively participate in continuing education activities
- Other duties as requested by supervisor or manager
Apply on company website