The Healthy Outcomes Program Community Health Worker is responsible for qualifying AccessHealth clients for services by collecting information to determine program eligibility and conducting face to face interviews with clients to collect data regarding health and the social determinants of health. Community Health Workers work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or Social Worker to identify the client's health and social needs and develop a care plan and goals. The Community Health Worker is responsible for managing a case load of clients and working with each client on an individual basis to provide care coordination, case management services, referrals to health and social welfare resources and, client education related to the promotion of healthy lifestyles, disease prevention, and disease management. The Community Health Worker is expected to escort clients to physician appointments and other appointments as needed and conduct home visits. All services and interactions are to be documented in computer software.
- Associate degree or 5+ years' experience
- 1 year experience case management or care coordination/navigation
- Must receive SC Community Health Worker certification within 1 year of hiring.
- Valid SC driver's license with a good driving record
- Associate degree
- 3-5 years case management experience
- SC Community Health Worker Certification
- Function as an integral member of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team, using assessment, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Maintain effective communication with hospitals, physicians, community agencies, etc. and serve as a client advocate, assisting with the navigation and appropriate utilization of health services and community resources.
- Support the AccessHealth Spartanburg and the Healthy Outcomes Program in assuring the continuum of care for clients and in maintaining the quality-of-service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website