The Emergency Services Technician, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, is responsible for providing emotional and physical comfort and safety to patients; observing, recording and reporting to appropriate persons changes in patient's condition; performing therapeutic procedures/treatments as defined by Pelham Medical Center's Policy and Procedures; keeping the unit environment safe, restocking of supplies and checking the operation of equipment. Collaborates with Leadership in developing and implementing the Pelham Medical Center Culture, Mission, and Goals.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- EMT, CNA, PCA, Surgical Technician, Medical Assistant, completion of fundamental nursing course, or one year experience in healthcare setting
Core Job Responsibilities
- Recognizes and reports changes in patients clinical condition, e.g. change in color, shortness of breath, changes in vital signs, etc… to appropriate nursing staff and/or MD.
- Performs and documents procedures as appropriate (i.e., vital signs, EKGs performed and labeled, specimens obtained and delivered).
- Assists physicians and nurses in examinations, treatments and minor surgical procedures.
- Assists patients with turning, bathing, and positioning, ambulating.
- Employee attends all mandatory education programs offered by the hospital and/or department annually.
- Completes daily assignments, i.e., utility room's storage, trays, carts, and supplies.
- Follows Emergency Department procedures are followed concerning use, processing and replacement of special equipment, trays and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website