Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of network infrastructure. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help plan and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Assists with developing network standards and methodologies.
- High School Diploma
- Three Years' Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, Mathematics or related studies.
- 5-10 years of related IT experience
- One to three years' experience of network administration experience on medium to large scale network (at least 200 nodes) preferred.
- Two to three years' experience of desktop support on large scale network (at least 1000 nodes) can be substituted.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and Cisco IOS.
- Cisco Certifications
Core Job Responsibilities
- Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Windows server troubleshooting and administration experience preferred.
- Install, configure, and maintain network infrastructure equipment.
- Assists with monitoring network security, recommends and implements network changes to maintain high levels of network security and reliability.
- Works with IS staff on project planning and implementation to ensure proper network reliability and performance.
- Will be on-call 24x7 to respond to IS related issues, technical or otherwise.
- May be responsible for implementing and maintaining Windows server based applications.
- Troubleshoot network and application communication issues as they arise.
- Assist other IS staff with learning networking skills and technologies.
- Work within a team environment, on multiple projects, as both a team leader and a team member.
- Work directly with the Help Desk and other IS staff to resolve problems.
- Works closely with and follows networking guidelines and procedures set forth by Senior Network Engineer and Network Manager.
Apply on company website