- Performs functions involved in preparing slides for various body tissues following surgery or autopsy for study by the pathologists assists with problem solving, procedure development and regulatory readiness.
- Performs special staining techniques as may be required. Perform duties as assigned.
- Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental and treatment needs of patients, families and visitors ranging in age from neonate-birth to geriatric.
- While these standards are intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify add/or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
- Compliance: understands and complies with the Code of conduct and department policies, procedures and regulations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Required:
- HT with ASCP nationally recognized certification and 5 years' experience or Certified HT and Associate Degree and appropriate certification plus 2 years' experience in histopathology.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- 5 plus yrs of experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS
- HT (ASCP)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Displays leadership abilities.
- Must be able to withstand the stress and demands of an active position.
- Manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, adequate vision, and hearing are needed in daily work.
- Moderate lifting required (50 lb.).
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of work-related information.
- Must be able to maintain a cooperative atmosphere inter and intra departmentally.
- Must possess high level of mental acuity with special attention to details.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website