Licensed Practical Nurse
$3000 Sign-on Bonus for LPNs!
The bonus will be paid in three installments:
First installment is received after the first 120 days, second installment after 12 months, third installment after 18 months for full- time employees. New Hires must remain employed as a full-time SRHS associate to receive the entire sign-on bonus.
The Occupational Health LPN Team Leader (TL) will perform all duties normally expected of other LPN nursing staff within the practice & fill in appropriately. These duties include:
- escort patients to the examining room, take vital signs, obtain wt. and ht., medical history;
- order and administer meds, oral and injections, as prescribed;
- assist with minor surgeries, maintaining sterile fields & cleaning of surgical instruments;
- collaborate with lab & x-ray in scheduling appointments and reviewing lab & x-ray reports, insuring proper action is taken if needed;
- call in prescriptions per provider order;
- interact with front check-in staff for efficient scheduling of appointments;
- make referrals after obtaining authorization from the workers compensation carrier;
- perform occupational health procedures to include PFTs, audios, titmus, drug screens & any other required occupational health procedures;
- documenting all activities accordingly.
The TL will assist in the training of other appropriate staff in order that they be prepared for cross-assignment to any other area in the Region where needed. Team Leader responsibilities also include assisting the Manager in clinical and administrative duties as delegated, including but not necessarily limited to, staff scheduling, assigning & cross-assigning staff, ordering supplies, time keeping, HR duties involving pmi's, evaluations and discipline and hiring, monitoring day-day clinic operations and taking action that will help insure efficient operation - including following up on other staff to insure assignments have been completed.
- High school education or equivalent
- Current LPN license
- Five years experience as an LPN
- Working knowledge of EMR systems and Microsoft tools.
- Occupational Health experience
- Previous leadership role in nursing; organizational and interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements of the role:
- Sitting, walking, hearing, talking, finger dexterity/handling/feeling, typing/keying data, eye-hand coordination, near vision, color vision, far vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, standing with little movement, reaching, lifting objects up to waist, lifting objects overhead, carrying objects, pushing/pulling objects, ascending/descending stairs, bending/stooping, kneeling/crouching. Able to handle normal office environment, health unit medical areas, exposure to disease, reasonable risk of injury.
- Writing, spelling, reading, remembering, recognition/identification, understanding instructions, information and/or concepts, math skills, analysis of information, problem solving, communicating instructions, information and/or concepts, decision making, learning new tasks, originality/creativity, communicate with individuals of all educational levels.
- Patient wheelchair/stretcher, phlebotomy equipment, personal protective equipment, blood pressure equipment, specimen collection equipment & supplies, vision screener, audiometry, pulmonary function, medical instruments and supplies, sterilizing equipment, orthopedic supplies, nervepace, glucometer.
- Overtime work occasionally required, able to handle highly confidential data, productivity demands, accuracy/precision demands. Must be able to withstand the stress and demands of an active position, be flexible and cooperate as a team member.
Additional InformationMedical Group of the Carolinas features 235 physicians in 20 specialty areas, and is structured to provide both patients and caregivers the ability to form strong relationships and create medical homes. Medical Group of the Carolinas includes a large number of conveniently-located primary care physician offices, 18 of which have been recognized as Physician Practice Connections-Patient Centered Medical Homes. It also offers five OB/GYN practices at six locations for women's health, two pediatric practices, as well as experienced specialty providers.
Apply on company website