Our 207 bed, acute care hospital offers a wide range of services and is part of an organization with 6 acute care facilities, over 11,000 team members and 400 volunteers. Join our team of highly regarded staff and receive an attractive salary and benefits package, including increased pay rates, exceptional education programs and opportunities for professional growth.
Spartanburg Medical Center – Mary Black has a 24 bed ER, 18 bed ICU, 44 bed Med Surg Tele, 22 bed Medical Surgical, 35 bed orthopedic, 18 bed inpatient rehab, 37 Behavioral Health beds, 9 bed OR, 18 bed endo, 12 bed PreOp and 18 bed PACU. All areas utilize latest technology such as Omnicell, Epic, and Mindray (for vitals), allowing our team to provide the best care possible to our patients. The Nursing Administrative Supervisor represents Hospital and Nursing Administration to the hospital/medical staff, families and the public within established guidelines, acts as a clinical and administrative resource for nursing personnel with delegated authority to support, advise and direct overall management of nursing practice for a specific period of time. The NAS acts as an advisor/collaborator to other departments as required for problem solving and maintaining the quality of care we wish to provide for our customers. We are seeking a team member with strong clinical skills, an understanding of hospital patient flow, as well as strong leadership skills. If you enjoy working closely within a strong, culture focused team that feels more like family than coworkers – SMC Mary Black is the place for you!
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as a registered nurse in the clinical setting
- Current licensure or work permit to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- 2-3 years' in a nursing leadership role
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for monitoring and adjusting staff levels to assure optimal patient care and cost effective utilization of personnel.
- Makes staffing changes based on accepted staffing patterns, acuity level, differential levels of practice and overall unit environment.
- Uses administrative and nursing policies and procedures to guide and direct the management of nursing staff.
- Collaborative measures are taken to facilitate the anticipation of internal and external customer needs.
- Responds to in-house emergencies and directs activities as appropriate (Codes and Disasters).
- Promotes an environment, which stimulates continuous improvement, employee growth and retention.
- Applies counseling skills in supervision and motivation of personnel in accordance with SRHC personnel policies.
- Serves as a resource for nursing staff in determining appropriate nursing interventions.
- Remains clinically competent as appropriate for the role.
- Provides direction to others in the management of patient care problems.
- Incorporates recommendations from nursing research into practice as appropriate.
- Is an effective representative for the department and the faculty. Attends meetings, conferences and workshops related to nursing and the position. Participates on nursing and hospital committees.
- Seeks educational opportunity within primary work environment and incorporates advances into practice.
- Other Duties As Assigned
Spartanburg Regional offers a wide range of market competitive benefits and compensation. For our associates, we provide the following (but not limited to) services and benefits:
- Free On-Site Parking
- 401(k) Tax-Deferred Plans
- Discount and Purchase Programs
- Rewards & Recognition Program
We invite you to apply if you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference! Our long tenured team of excellent Hospice RNs are hardworking, supportive, compassionate with excellent clinical skills. We enjoy partnering with patients and their families to impact care.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website