Provides advanced life support care in a hospital based ambulance setting to include routine and critical care transports. Position requires frequent lifting and moving of patients, operating with limited direct supervision, and operating ambulances and other vehicles as needed.
- Education HS Diploma
- Experience May be entry level
- SC DHEC-Paramedic
- National Registry Paramedic (except for SC DHEC certified paramedics who are not required to maintain national registry)
- CPR-Healthcare Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Driver License with no more than 2 at fault or moving violations in a three year period.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Provide patient care per protocols, transfer orders, and state regulations.
- Safely operate ambulance in all weather conditions.
- Properly move lift and move patients, stretchers, and equipment, without injury to the associate or patient.
- Complete electronic and paper documentation accurately and completely for each transport.
- Is in charge of patient care given on the ambulance and provides supervision to non-paramedic crew members
- Provides age specific and culturally appropriate patient care through knowledge of growth and development.
- Maintains all required certification and attends required in-service training to maintain base knowledge and skills.
- Work in all weather conditions which may include extremes in temperature and precipitation.
- Maintain knowledge and skill to operate all equipment on ambulance correctly.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website