Sign-on Bonus: $10,000
Knowledge Bonus for experience PTs with 1+ years of experience, within the last five years.
Apply today to learn more!
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients by referral. He/she plans treatment programs and performs therapy to restore function, prevent disability, and maximize the potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery. He/she may delegate patients to PTAs and performs re-evaluations and supervisory visits per state practice act. He/she appropriately modifies treatment plans and procedures and uses appropriate communication techniques to achieve optimal results. He/she may supervise PTAs, Rehab Techs, and students. He/she participates in community presentations, staff education, and other departmental activities as requested by the supervisor, manager or director.
Rehabilitation Services at Gibbs is part of Spartanburg Medical Center Church Street campus (SMC-CS) and a division of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. Our team consists of over 10 therapists, OTs, PTs, PTAs (Lymphedema, Biofeedback and Pelvic Floor Certified) and SLPs who work collaboratively to provide care to outpatients. Our patient population are people that are experiencing edema/lymphedema, cancer-related fatigue, ROM, swallowing, and strength problems associated with cancer as well as patients with pelvic floor diagnosis.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of general therapy experience and is looking to specialize and become proficient in treating our population served. The candidate would demonstrate our system's core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, integrity, respect, and stewardship. We are looking for highly qualified and motivated therapists to join our team in providing excellent patient care that aligns with our mission and vision.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited physical therapist education program
- SC PT License
- CPR-AHA BLS
- MS/DPT from an accredited physical therapist education program
- One to five (1-5) years' experience in relevant practice area
Core Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all Standards of Behavior.
- Performs appropriate assessment and reassessment procedures based on accepted practice standards.
- Provides therapy according to treatment plan.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation and billing according to practice standards.
- Provides education and training to patients, families, and caregivers.
- Delegates to and supervises physical therapist assistants and support staff.
- Utilizes non-patient care time to assist others, enhance professional growth, and participate in program development.
- Attends departmental and hospital committees and meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website