Spartanburg Regional located in Spartanburg, SC is seeking a full time BC/BE IM/FM or fellowship trained Geriatrician to join the Medical Group of the Carolinas - Senior Health team as a Skilled Nursing Facility Physician (SNFist). The SNFist will provide clinical care for inpatients in a skilled nursing facility to include direct medical and on-call care and emergency medical care to geriatric residents, serving on interdisciplinary care teams and being a liaison with family members regarding resident care decisions.
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- Medical Directorship for assigned SNF(s)
- Flexible schedule
- Call 1:4 weeks including weekends (phone only), 2nd call to NP
- Autonomy while caring for high acuity patients in need of medically complex care.
- Organize, attend and facilitate in all daily Care Team Meetings within the assigned facility.
- Ensure proper progress on plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions during the critical, immediate post-discharge period.
- Discuss goals of care, transition planning, and advanced directives, as appropriate, with patient and families.
- Serve as attending for patients in SNF when converted to Hospice care with ability and willingness to assist in symptom management at end of life.
- Oversee Nurse Practitioners providing care services in Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Attend and participate in all QI, Peer Review and Care Management Meetings requested.
- Opportunity for teaching HPM fellows, primary care residents, and medical students
- Research in innovative care models
All of our employed physicians receive:
- $6000 CME annually
- 30 days of time off per year
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available
- Attractive retirement options
- PSLF approved institution
Just an hour from the Blue Ridge Mountains and 3 hours from the ocean, housing is moderately priced, educational options abound, and residents still value old-fashioned gentility and respect for others. Commuting is easy, and your recreational opportunities are endless. Come find out why everyone wants to live here, in the Upstate of South Carolina!
Kristin Baker, Sr. Physician Recruiter
Additional InformationMedical Group of the Carolinas features 235 physicians in 20 specialty areas, and is structured to provide both patients and caregivers the ability to form strong relationships and create medical homes. Medical Group of the Carolinas includes a large number of conveniently-located primary care physician offices, 18 of which have been recognized as Physician Practice Connections-Patient Centered Medical Homes. It also offers five OB/GYN practices at six locations for women's health, two pediatric practices, as well as experienced specialty providers.
Apply on company website